Saturday, June 27, 2009

Busy Busy Busy!!




A lot has happened since the last post, and I apologize for not posting sooner but as the title states I have been super busy racing, training, and coaching. Last weekend the senior team was in race mode !! Marty, Chad, and I raced in the Thursday night GVCC bike race. Since Chad and I knew we were racing the next two days we talked about sitting in the pack and then trying to make something happen in the uphill sprint finish. But as usual we were not able to sit in the pack and worked to push the pace the entire race. A three man break got away and chad and I lead the group to try to catch them. We were unable to catch them but were able to put the pack in a world of hurt that lead to me being able to win the field sprint and taking 4th overall. Chad got a calf cramp on the last lap and was relegated to soft peddle to the finish. On Friday night we all raced in the festival on the green 5k in Honeoye Falls. I really wanted to do this race because I had won it last year and it would be a good benchmark to measure my fitness. The raced started out slowly and at 2 miles I was with the leaders I did not catch the mile mark on the way out but at 2 miles I was at 11:35 and knew I needed to make a move because if it came down to a sprint I would be toast. I was able to step on it pretty good and ended up winning by about 20 seconds (17:18) . I was happy with my time after doing the bike race the night before. Marty was next 5th overall (18:34) Chad 6th (18:52) Steve 19th (21:56). results are posted here.

http://www.yellowjacketracing.com/FestivallontheGreenOverallResults2009.htm

After the race everyone was tired but looking forward to the biathlon race the next day! The biathlon race also went well despite the fact that Marty and I were both DQ'ed for a closed bolt infraction. Chad ended up 3rd overall and Steve also had a great race. Adam came out to race and was able to take home the lone victory for RNR in his age group!! For race results visit.

http://www.westernnybiathlon.com/

Overall it was a great weekend of racing! Only two more weeks until summer biathlon nationals so it's time to keep the peddle down and get to work!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment